Thursday, November 11, 2010

Little Red.... Headband


Ok so the headband....

If some of you recall, one of my first nights back in Baltimore, I was sitting at my desk and my red headband flew off my head, hit my back (making me turn around to look) and landed halfway across the room on the floor. Anyone who knows me knows that I am such a scaredy cat but when this happened it didn't scare me. It made me laugh.

I told my Aunt Lori and she said "Ryan has been picking on you since you were little... do you think he is going to stop now??" I laughed.

I told my students the headband story and ever since then, they have been asking me if anything else has happened since. So here I sit tonight listening to music peeking around on FB and something flies down from my head, scares the begeezies out of me, and I jumped a little. I thought it was a bug or something! It was the black headband piece that goes near your ear so the headband doesn't hurt your ear. It just dropped out of nowhere on my lap.

I don't know why but Ryan really likes this headband.... maybe because it's red. That's Ryans all-time favorite color. Just a little reminder that he is with me <3 I think he knows it is so tough for me to go through this without any family here. It is hard for everyone, no doubt, but it's got to be easier to be with loved ones during this difficult time. Don't get me wrong; I have some amazing friends and coworkers. But everyone knows that it's just not the same.

This gets me thinking about next year, my future, where I want to be, who I need, who needs me, and what I'm doing with my life. You always hear how life can be turned in an instant but you don't truly believe it until you experience it.

I am finding myself less motivated in certain aspects of life and after talking to a coworker, she said that my experience has taught me that some little things just seem so trivial now... I hope I shake this phase soon. I've always been a go-getter and I just feel my drive come and go. But then again, what feeling doesn't come and go lately?

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

Goodnight <3
Lil Sis

No comments: